Project 5+2: The Backpack Project
Jesus once used five loaves of bread and two fish from a little boy’s lunch to feed a multitude of five thousand people (John 6:1-14). He did this not only to feed the
This story is also what inspired our annual Backpack Project. Each year, we have the opportunity to fill backpacks with school supplies, hygiene products, and fun goodies for students, teachers and staff members at Village Project Africa in Makutano, Kenya. Additionally, those who pack a backpack receive a picture of the student, teacher or staff member for whom they are packing a bag. This is a great opportunity to pray for that child or adult all year long!
What began in 2011 has become an exciting annual project and an incredible way to step into the larger story of Village Project Africa.
Ways to get involved with this year's Backpack Project:
- Pack a backpack (see Packing List below!)
- Starting November 4, pick up a student card and backpack in the lobby at church
- Volunteer to help on bag distribution or collection dates
- Contact Tracey Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring a friend and come to The Backpack Project Serve Night
- Visit Heritage Academy in Kenya on a mission trip
- Email Shelly at email@example.com for more information