Season of Change for Pastor Lisa
Please take a moment to read the following letters from Pastor Lisa and Pastor James regarding some news from Pastor Lisa...
FROM PASTOR LISA:
Dear Church at the Crossing Family,
It is with a heavy heart that I write to inform you of my resignation as Family Life Pastor as I believe now is the right time for new leadership in Kids! Ministry.
While I have only had the privilege of being your family pastor for a little over two years, we certainly have accomplished much together. What joy it has been to serve with over 150 of you who currently influence our kids and families! And what a blessing it has been to serve with the CATC staff, especially the Next Generation Team. We have made great strides to lay a solid foundation for kids to come to know Jesus and to grow in their relationship with Him.
If you currently serve our kids, or if you are considering serving, please know that the work you do for children will impact lives for generations. Do not be hesitant to give of yourself on a child’s behalf. Investing in a child’s spiritual journey is a decision you will never regret!
At this time, I am confident that God is preparing new work ahead for me. I will be taking a few months to simply slow down and listen to His direction. During this time, I am looking forward to spending more time with my family, especially my 5 beautiful grandchildren. While I am confident God has a good and perfect plan for my future, I am equally confident that He is preparing the person who will serve as the next children’s pastor at Church at the Crossing. He is faithful and He will carry out His plan to perfection. Kids! Ministry at CATC is well prepared and ready to move into the next phase of growth, excitement, and excellence in the months to come.
Serving at Church at the Crossing has truly been a gift in my life and ministry. I leave you with this scripture from Philippians 1 as a word of hope and encouragement:
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. . . And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ – to the glory and praise of God!”
Most sincerely, with the love of Christ,
Family Life Pastor
FROM PASTOR JAMES:
I want to thank Pastor Lisa Huff for serving and leading our Kids! Ministry at CATC over the past two years. Lisa recently shared with me that she feels God is calling her to a season of change in her life and she has submitted her resignation. While I was hoping to work longer with Lisa, I was encouraged that she gave us the gift of a healthy transition timetable. This allowed us to pull a great interim team together and to put an aggressive search plan in place.
Be assured that we will continue to invest heavily in our children as our Lord leads and guides us during the hiring process of a new Kids! Ministry leadership team.
So, what’s the interim plan?
- Barb Thorp will be our Interim Kids! Director through the end of May 2019.
- Jenny Hazel will be our Kids! Ministry Administrative Assistant through the same time period.
- We have hired N.L. Moore and Associates to do a national search for our next Kids! Ministry Director. They will conduct focus groups and interviews with parents and volunteers to create a profile for a candidate that will best match the vision and needs of CATC families.
- Our Year-End Offering will be a strategic investment into our Kids! Ministry. Learn more here >>
- Lisa’s last Sunday will be December 30, when we will have a special reception for her in the lobby after services.
Here’s what I am asking of you:
- Please pray unceasingly for God to bring us the right person for this vital role.
- Love and encourage our kids. They are our top priority.
- Ask Barb or Jenny how you can help.
- Remain faithful.
- Thank Lisa and let her know how much we love her and appreciate her service to Church at the Crossing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Executive Pastor Nabil Safi at .