Who We Are
We are a Christian community that seeks to serve God as we embrace both the great commission, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19 NIV) and the greatest commandment, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself." (Luke 10:27 NIV)
Our church family moves in many different directions, extending the love of Christ to our community and world. God continues to renew our vision with an even greater challenge for the next five years (2015-2020). We are asking God to transform us into a community of life-change by:
- Expanding the Kingdom of God on earth – welcoming people to connect at Church at the Crossing and partnering with local and global ministries to reach people for Christ
- Deepening the souls of all who call Church at the Crossing our church home – equipping each person for spiritual growth and maturity by providing tools and opportunities for them to enter fully into The go. love. Life
- Multiplying our impact in our community, city, and world –
leaninginto our already strong partnership with Nora Elementary, seeking ways to open our campus to our community, and strengthening existing partnerships in our city, state, and world
- Becoming an overwhelmingly generous people – giving 20% of our tithes and offerings to missions-beyond-us by 2020 and strengthening service opportunities in which people can engage
- Raising a world-changing generation – mentoring multiple generations, investing in Kids! and Youth programming and events, partnering with
families,and providing opportunities for young adults to connect and serve
About the Church of God
One of our early church songs says: "The Bible is our rule of faith and Christ alone is Lord." That still summarizes the core belief of most Church of God people. While hesitant to issue any official belief statements, these beliefs reflect the heart of the Church of God movement:
- Salvation makes us members of the body of Christ. We believe that the church is composed of every person who has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. We enter into the life of the church, not by joining a denomination or a human organization, but by committing our lives to Christ.
- The body of Christ is one, here and now. We believe that God calls all Christians to live in unity and peace. While Christians may not agree on all things, we can embrace the spirit of Christ in caring concern for one another. Jesus is our common foundation, and love is our only creed!
- All members of the body of Christ are to live a holy life. We believe that God's standard of life for all Christians is one of moral purity and godliness, to live as Christ. As God's people, we represent Christ in this world.
In addition to these beliefs, we embrace these core biblical values:
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ. There is one Lord, God's Son, Jesus Christ, over the church, so Christ is the church's ultimate authority in all things.
- The Great Commission. Each of us is called to fulfill Matthew 28:18–20, making fully devoted followers of Christ—disciples—who will then teach others to follow him.
- The Great Commandments. We are called to fulfill Matthew 22:37–39, not only loving God with our entire
being,but also loving all that he loves.
- The Holy Spirit's Work. God's Spirit equips believers with unique gifts that enable us to carry out the mission of Christ in the world. At the same time, the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in every believer (Galatians 5:22–23), which demonstrate the Spirit's presence within us.
- Stewardship. All of life is to be used for the honor, glory, and service of God.