Who We Are
We are a Christian fellowship that seeks to serve God as we embrace both the great commission, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19 NIV) and the greatest commandment, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself." (Luke 10:27 NIV)
Our church family moves in many different directions, extending the love of Christ to our community and world.
Since 2004, Church at the Crossing has experienced God move in our midst in unprecedented ways:
- Transformation – more baptisms than at any time in our history, including 106 baptisms in only 16 months
- Discipleship – new classes, new groups, and new ministries in every age group in our church family
- Multiplication – new church planting partners at Crosspoint and Catalyst
- Investment - increasing our giving to missions from 10% to 17%
And so much more! God is renewing our vision with an even greater challenge! We are asking God to transform Church at the Crossing into a community of life-change.
Church at the Crossing is affiliated with the Church of God (Anderson, IN). The Church of God movement appeared in the 1800s in the midst of the broader American Holiness Revival. The pioneers of the Church of God hoped to restore a more biblical understanding and practice of what it means to be the church.
One of our early church songs says: "The Bible is our rule of faith and Christ alone is Lord." That still summarizes the core belief of most Church of God people. While hesitant to issue any official belief statements, these beliefs reflect the heart of the Church of God movement:
- Salvation makes us members of the body of Christ. We believe that the church is composed of every person who has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. We enter into the life of the church, not by joining a denomination or a human organization, but by committing our lives to Christ.
- The body of Christ is one, here and now. We believe that God calls all Christians to live in unity and peace. While Christians may not agree on all things, we can embrace the spirit of Christ in caring concern for one another. Jesus is our common foundation, and love is our only creed!
- All members of the body of Christ are to live a holy life. We believe that God's standard of life for all Christians is one of moral purity and godliness, to live as Christ. As God's people, we represent Christ in this world.
In addition to these beliefs, we embrace these core biblical values:
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ. There is one Lord, God's Son, Jesus Christ, over the church, so Christ is the church's ultimate authority in all things.
- The Great Commission. Each of us is called to fulfill Matthew 28:18–20, making fully devoted followers of Christ—disciples—who will then teach others to follow him.
- The Great Commandments. We are called to fulfill Matthew 22:37–39, not only loving God with our entire being, but also loving all that he loves.
- The Holy Spirit's Work. God's Spirit equips believers with unique gifts that enable us to carry out the mission of Christ in the world. At the same time, the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in every believer (Galatians 5:22–23), which demonstrate the Spirit's presence within us.
- Stewardship. All of life is to be used for the honor, glory, and service of God.