Kids! 252 (K-4th)
WHAT ELEMENTARY KIDS NEED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IS FOR PARENTS AND THE CHURCH TO ENGAGE THEIR INTERESTS! IT’S TIME FOR WONDER AND DISCOVERY!
Luke 2:52 tells us that Jesus grew academically, physically, spiritually, and relationally. We call our ministry to elementary kids (K-4th) Kids! 252 because we want them to grow like Jesus did!
All kids need to know they are safe, they belong, they are known, and they are loved. These core values share a foundation of knowing God’s Word, building relationships with God’s family, and having FUN! By the time kids move on to middle school we want them to really know these three things:
WISDOM: I need to make the right choice (to follow Jesus!)
FAITH: I can trust God no matter what.
FRIENDSHIP: I need to treat others the way I want to be treated.
Meeting together, in a community of people going through the same phase of life, is a critical part of church life at Church at the Crossing.
- Sundays at 9:30 & 11:00 a.m.
- Every small group has an intentional time of biblical teaching, relationship building, prayer, and FUN!
- The weekly large group experience gives opportunity for all kids to worship and learn together in a fun environment
- Kids are encouraged to memorize scripture each month
Milestones are one-time events that help solidify the identity of our kids in the church and the church in our kids. We celebrate each of the following milestones with our families and elementary kids:
- Kids who accept Christ at a young age tend to be lifelong disciples
- Opportunities are given often for kids to make their own decision to make Jesus the Lord of their lives
3RD GRADE KIDS’ FAITH CLASS
- 3rd graders are given a special opportunity to learn the basics of our faith - such as who God is, Bible competence, and church ordinances
- Offered outside of regular small group time during the spring semester
- Kids who have made and can articulate a confession of faith are encouraged to take the next step of following Jesus in baptism
- Believer’s baptism is an outward expression of an inward decision
- Baptism services take place in the main worship services and are scheduled for July 29 (2018), October 21 (2018), February 17 (2019), and June 2 (2019).
PROMOTION TO NEW SMALL GROUP
- Kids move to their next grade-level small group after Labor Day
- 4th Graders promote to Middle School in August