First Look (Babies-PreK)
WHAT THE FIRST LOOK STAGE NEEDS MORE THAN ANYTHING IS TO ENGAGE EACH LITTLE ONE’S SENSE OF WONDER THROUGH A LOVING, CLEAN, AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT.
We call our ministry to young children (babies, crawlers, toddlers, preschool) First Look because this is the time of wonder, where kids first learn who God is! What we do every week is designed to build a strong foundation for what’s to come.
Through loving relationships with God’s family, we tell little ones that God made them, God loves them, and Jesus wants to be their friend forever! These three core competencies serve as the basis for our caring, teaching, and influencing.
Each class is specifically geared toward the age group gathered, so each child's developmental needs are met.
- Sundays at 9:30 & 11:00 a.m.
- Every class has an intentional time of biblical teaching, prayer, and worship
- Classes include age-appropriate snack time and FUN!
Milestones are one-time events that help solidify the identity of our kids in the church and the church in our kids. We celebrate each of the following milestones with our families:
- Each new baby is prayed for and celebrated with a special gift book
- New parents receive an introduction to our nurseries & Kids! programming
- This special time is a call to action for parents, families, and the church to make a commitment to leading our kids to a life of faith
- Families receive a keepsake certificate and child’s Bible
- More info about Dedication services >>
PROMOTION TO NEW CLASSES
- Babies through toddlers promote to the next class as they are developmentally ready
- Preschoolers (3’s - 5’s) promote in the fall to the next age level class
- Parents are offered a special class to prepare for their child promoting from First Look to KIDS! 252 (Elementary)